The Essential Guide to 100% Design flew through my letterbox this morning, and after a good hour and twenty A4 pages of notes later, I reached the final page. Wow! If that is only the Essential Guide, it is going to be a very long day (or three), covering the now 5-sector event.
Taking place at London’s Earls Court on 20-23 September comes 100% Design, 100% Detail, 100% Light, 100% Materials and new this year 100% Futures. With Tom Dixon as the new Creative Director and involvement from Greenpeace, 100% Design 2007 is unsurprisingly focused toward Sustainability, and sure to withhold inspiration for everyone. Although I do not intend to profile all 100 of the must-sees this year, I would like to point out 10, which I know I am looking forward to seeing!
- Finnforest Merk Theatre, designed by Tom Dixon.
- Inheritable Futures Laboratory: 100% Sustainable Installation.
- SIT UP, organised by [re]design: sustainable seating products.
- 4D DESIGNS: KOIVU sculptural lighting products.
- Ryan Frank: Friday Afternoon.
- Rawstudio: Real Coffee Table.
- Richard Liddle: RD4 (Made from recycled plastic).
- Ten Again: 10 designers.
- Kent Gration: Bamboo Furniture.
- Metaphys: Factory Garden.
For further exhibitor listings and information visit the 100% Design website.