There are many ways to generate traffic and promote your website online, some you have to pay for but here are some free ones. 5 highly effective techniques you can start using to increase website traffic and get an edge.
- Write articles, reports and reviews for other websites to publish, there are plenty of Blogs out there, and then put your website address in the by-line. If you can write good articles, something people are genuinely interested in, this will generate traffic.
- Start exchanging Links with other websites. This is a very effective strategy to generate targeted traffic to your website. Stay away from dodgy link farms and try to only submit links in reputable websites and directories.
- Add a Blog, just like this one, to your site and Ping weblogs.com and the other search engines. Pinging your Blogs to the search engines like Google is the fastest way to get search engine robots to visit your Blog, as well as attracting a number of new visitors to your web site regularly.
- Become an active commenter and try to leave your comments, good positive comments, on the Blogs that you visit regularly. Most Blogs should allow you to add a link to your own website. So if your comment stirs the pot a little, your bound to create traffic for your site.
- Finally add your website address to your own email signature, most mail clients let you do this. Each time you send an email to someone, you'll be promoting your own website, and generating more traffic.
At the end of the day, nothing can beat professional website designwhen it comes to attracting interest in your website.