Many people do not have access to safe drinking water; this may cause them to fall sick to water diseases such as schistosomiasis and diarrhoeal disease. Contaminated water can cause: blindness, lice, swimmer’s ear, and various kinds of chemical poisoning For our high school project, we decided to create our own water filter to combat water diseases. Water Filter Steps:
- Take the strainer and wrap the cheesecloth 4 times
- Secure with a rubber band.
- Cover the strainer with a layer of Activated Carbon
- Put a layer of Sand to cover layer of Carbon
- Cover the strainer in Rocks
- Place the filter over the bucket
- Now pour the dirty water over the filter. Do this twice to ensure cleaner water.
- To combat bacteria, boil the water. For more information about our water filter and water problems, consult our powerpoint: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XF9cEiHsYyvdOSfV1clZFLzxSTYGuqvqIOEn2IyoG2c/edit?usp=sharing