welcome to the club! designers experience that all the time. remember patience is a virtue. who know...
Mandaluyong City, NCR, Philippines
Designer (Product Design)
Member since May 22, 2007
International product development consultant with 20 years experience in the fields of handicrafts, housewares, furniture, furnishings and home accessories, seasonal decors, stationery and exhibition design in thirteen countries: Bangladesh, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, UK, USA, and Vietnam. Heads a consultancy group in the Philippines called 1001 Strategies which offers consultancy services to small and medium scale enterprises, fair trade companies, non-government organizations (NGOs), exporters and foreign companies. Also specializes in conducting intensive development programs for micro, small and medium enterprises from planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. Assistance ranges from design development, skills training, market intelligence and linkage, and seminars and workshops on entrepreneurship subjects.
Established a social enterprise producing bamboo-based food (Bamsnacks) and beverage (Bambrew) and networking with communities for supply and production.
Worked for the Product Development and Design Center of the Philippines (PDDCP) in Manila as Senior Industrial Design Specialist and was faculty of the Industrial Design Department of the University of Santo Tomas. Participated in a 16-month advanced training program on Industrial Product Design for Designers in Southeast Asia held in Germany through the sponsorship of the Carl Duisberg Society (CDG). Has traveled extensively and actively participated in seminars and trainings on design and market study tours in Europe, the USA, and Asia.
Recipient of numerous art and design awards such as the “Katha" (to create) Awards during the Manila FAME Market Weeks considered as the most prestigious award for innovative designs in the country. Also won first prize in the food category of the International Bamboo and Rattan Product Ideas Competition (Bamsnacks) sponsored by the International Netwok for Bamboo and Rattan (Inbar).
Holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts major in Industrial Design degree, Cum Laude, from the University of Santo Tomas. Computer literate and adept at Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, and 3D Studio Max.
Would like to share expertise in order to improve the lives of people through the building of sustainable livelihoods.
My Blog / View all (1) Blog Posts
My Work Samples / View all (6) Work Samples
World Fair Trade Organization-Asia National Council of Industrial Designers of the Philippines Carl Duisberg Association of the Philippines Greenpeace UNICEF
My Competition Entries
- Child’s Play: Shif-Shape Puzzle
- STORIES FROM THE FIELD logo competition: The Face of Film
- STORIES FROM THE FIELD logo competition: Projecting Humanity
- Kobe G8 Environment Ministers Meeting "Furoshiki": Interconnected
- Kobe G8 Environment Ministers Meeting "Furoshiki": Nature's Subway
- Kobe G8 Environment Ministers Meeting "Furoshiki": Life's Simple Pleasures
- LANGUAGES MATTER! A UNESCO poster competition: Children, The Future of Our Languages
- CELEBRATE DIVERSITY – a UNESCO logo competition: United We Stand
- CELEBRATE DIVERSITY – a UNESCO logo competition: Different But the Same
- Mark of Dreams: UNESCO's DREAM Center logo competition: Happy Dream
- Mark of Dreams: UNESCO's DREAM Center logo competition: Flowing Dream
- Mark of Dreams: UNESCO's DREAM Center logo competition: Overlapping Dream
- Mark of Dreams: UNESCO's DREAM Center logo competition: Musical Dream
- Weaving Love, Creating "Hope": Textile design: Checking for Hope
- Weaving Love, Creating "Hope": Textile design: Living Hope
- Weaving Love, Creating "Hope": Product design: Life Light
- Weaving Love, Creating "Hope": Textile design: Hope Check
- Weaving Love, Creating "Hope": Textile design: Watercolor