My mission statement is to develop the awareness of inequality and increase the survival skills for young rural migrants to live in urban city of China.
Cause of Issue The cause of discrimination between rural migrants and urban citizens in China are government’s policy and the hukou system. Such system result rural migrants’ citizens not been able to receive health care, equal educations, employee opportunities and more. Although rural migrants are able to “temporary” stay in the city bases on current policies in China, they are still illegal to work and obtain equal educations. At same time, however, the hukou system is very important for China government to monitor and control their labor resources and distribution; to strengthen the growth within urban city and restricts rural people to compete with urban people for the limited job resources.
- My target users are low income rural-to-urban migrants age 15 between 25 in Beijing.
- Many of them move into city as single, without family.
- They either get into city through temporary residential permit, got into City University, or married with lower class of urban citizens.
- They might consider as illegal workers (street vendors, illegal labor consulting services), or labors for lowest job class (factories and construction site).
- They have basic educations that are higher than rural citizens, yet lower t...