Overall review responses are positive. The argument is strong and the solution is logical. The integration of tradition symbol is also positive approach. Here are the suggestion for improvement.
Things that need to be considered
- Can users use it when they are under pressure of company?
- Maybe I need to find a NFP that could adopts my design?
- The distribution method, government or a labor union?*1
- Where to distribute? Rural or cities?
- Could the design be DIY and self-educational?
- Could it be smaller, a pocket size?
- Can it be a educational game?
- Could design use verbal voice, which might provide more comfort for users?
- Could it use graphic in stand of text?
- Can the interface design be more clean, maybe ipod-ish?
- The graphic can integrate more Chinese design (regional or global)?
- Perforated punch holes as a check mark?
- Can it be a more advance device that is not own by workers, but own by government, and rent to workers?
- Touch buttons in stand of sensors?
- Solar angle calculator?
- Flash card style?
Materials and Manufacturing
- Different magntic design
- Design that does not acquire electric parts so it cheaper to produce?
- Exotic paper that can be reusable?
*1 - Labor union would be ideal for distribution, however majority of workers are not part of the labor Union for some reasons. Either they are lack of access to an union, or they do not know about union. Most importantly, union do not have very strong power in China.