Social orphans - Child who still have one or more parents yet live in orphanages. (such include single orphans)
- Child in rural China whose parents migrate to cities to search for work.
- They don't live in orphanages, yet they has no one to depend on, that they have to do all the work on their own.
- Many child live with grandparents, or alone
- Those child are very lonely, they might wash clothes together, yet they usually eat and play alone
- More issues with orphans : child violence, HIV/AIDS, juvenile justice
Research from my friend who used to live in Shanghai
- Child with family migrate illegally into city are been abandon from society.
- The government will not provide basic need, education for child
- Child are not allow to go to schools
- Government treat those type of family as invisible
- My friend who went to American school in Shanghai, she were able to voluntary to help those child (she was high school at that time)
I am getting contact source in China from this friend