new york, ny, United States
Member since September 08, 2008
Good Chocolate for Good
- Add image of children eating their local treat
- More visual design on package, too simple
- Think about mechanism on the opening of packaging
- How does is look like inside the package?
- Eatable chocolate holder in the package
- Package turns into return card for contribution
- Envelope for donating more money
- Story telling
- Add a map
- Look at makeup and perfume packaging
- Black box with silver text
- Put some information outside of the box Or people would not know this -chocolate is special
- Medical form of chocolate
- Symbolism remind people about natural disaster
- Positive notion in the form of chocolate
- Color decoration on the chocolate enhance the message
- Who makes the chocolate?
- “Eating” natural disaster chocolate = disappearing natural disaster
- How much is it?
- How much money is going to be donated?
- Is there any profit to the chocolate farmers?
- Ask how much money people pay knowing that money would go to victims
- Make a display to put in the store
- How does it look like in the store?
- Web site, web selling
- Go talk to vender ask where it is going to be
- Mock up shelf
- Photo work of the product displayed in Garden of Eden and whole foods
Posted March 12, 2009 in A Good Life 6 - Parsons The New School for Design
Summary of feedbacks
In general, critiques showed positive reaction and they were interested about using chocolates to raise money for natural disaster victims that have unique and different designs and flavors for different disasters. Two of the critiques suggested me to find a famous chef to create a recipe for the chocolate and it would make the chocolate as a high- end product. This will help in advertising the chocolate and raise the value of chocolate. One of the critique suggested interesting idea about “food as medicine.” In China, instead of taking medicine or vitamins, the doctor suggests to have a food for medicine. After the critique, I have contacted her by email and shred information and comments about medicine as food and she kindly asked more information about it to her Chinese doctor. And here is an article that I found relates to this story. http://chinesefood.about.com/od/nutritionandchinesefood/a/food_medicine.htm Many people mentioned about design of the chocolate and the packaging. One of the questions that I had was “Who will design the chocolate?” I really could not answer that question and I still haven’t decided. Another question that I got was “Where does the chocolate come from?” and Penny gave me a useful source that could help to find the answer and something that could also inspires my project. The chocolate bar produced by Equal Exchange. Equal Exchange is a worker-owned Fair Tra...
Posted December 08, 2008 in A Good Life 6 - Parsons The New School for Design
I sent my survey to over 50 people and I received responses from 33 people so far. The survey is still in progress. Here is the summery of my survey so far.
Here is the link to my survey results Click
2. By the Numbers
EM-DAT Since 1988 the WHO collaborating Center for research on the Epidemiology of Disasters (BRED) has been maintaining an Emergency Events Database EM-DAT. EM-DAT was created with the initial support of the WHO and the Belgian Government
4.Thorough Mapping Exercise
Here is the link to my revised Matrix of relationship
And also I found a video that would be interesting for me and also other students who are focusing on poverty.
Posted October 27, 2008 in A Good Life 6 - Parsons The New School for Design
Please do this survey for my thesis it will take you less than 5 min.!
*IMAGE:7.8 Earthquake Rocks China, Kills Thousands (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/05/photogalleries/earthquake-photos/photo2.html)
Posted October 23, 2008 in A Good Life 6 - Parsons The New School for Design