My review went pretty well. Most of the comments were on how I can fortify my concept, while not taking away from the main focus.
What I Did Differently This Time from the Review on 12.01.2008
- With (almost) every questions I received, I would answer, and ask the the critic what they would do.
- This time, I felt like i had more time to digest all the information in between critics, which I find very helpful. It allows me to filter out suggestions that are not as applicable to my project at this point
- Evolution: I incorporated the suggestions I had received, and asked other critics for their take on it. This lead to very interesting combinations!
Areas for Improvement:
- Most people liked the design. 1 person said i looked boring and needs more "action" in the pictures (I agree)
- Most people didn't see the need to mock up the entire website. 1 person disagreed (I am still debating. will find out after giving dreamweaver a try)
- Start thinking about how the website can be translated into daily use.
- Include a section that urges users to check back regularly (ie. News feed blog)
- Start thinking about pricing and BRANDING: What is the total cost? who is your target market?
- Use BestBuy-inspired comparison charts
- Consider specializing in different areas
- products that can enhance the performance of the website
- go back and look at tracking devices
- beware of redundancy
- contact (and seduce) more NFPs (ie American Red Cross)
- pitch idea to for p...