Happy New Year! To welcome everyone to 2008, we’ve prepared a summary of our best and most popular posts.
The Groundswell Top 10: Editor’s Picks
- Traces of the Trade goes to Sundance - The Groundswell Collective worked with Traces of the Trade to redesign their website and business cards. We also designed a logo for the film’s production company. We are looking forward to this fantastic film’s debut at the Sundance Film Festival, January 17-27, 2008.
- Similar Diversity - This amazing datavisualization is a text analysis of the Holy Scriptures, exploring the similarities and differences between the five major world religions. The exhibit inspires viewers to think about own prejudices and current religious conflicts.
- The Institute for Infinitely Small Things - This inspiring, Boston-based research organization was formed to invent and distribute new practices of political engagement in everyday life. Their artful, conceptual projects “complexify small things rather than simplifying large ones.”
- Friends of Africa International - The Groundswell Collective was selected to redesign and maintain the Friends of Africa International website for one year. The organization aims to promote human rights, social justice, democracy and good governance in Africa.
- HONK! Fest - Activist street bands took to the streets of Cambridge, Massachusetts this October, and we were there to catch it.
- An Atlas of Radical Cartography - Maps are inherently political, and the contributions to ...