Start your own group! All DESIGN 21 members have the ability to create organizations.Create A Group
Socially Conscious Graphic Design
Communication, Arts & Culture, Environment
With an intense enthusiasm for socially conscious and contemporary visual communication, this small research-led group continues to share news, events and inspirations (of the socially aware) from across the Communication Design industry.
- A Brief Message
- AIGA Center For Sustainable Design
- Bruce Mau Design
- Changing the Climate
- Composite Projects
- Design Against Crime
- Design Can Change
- Design For The Future
- Design For The Other 90%
- Design of the Times
- Design Your Life
- Facebook Design Group
- Future Farmers
- Good Magazine
- Inventive Reception
- Lovely as a Tree
- Massive Change
- More Associates
- The Designers Accord
- The Movement Design Bureau
- Thomas Matthews
- Utrecht Manifest
- World House Project
- The Designer’s Dilemma: Valerie Casey, 2007
- Towards Creative Activism: Creative Review, 2007
- The Price of Juice: Rick Poynor, 2007
- Conceptual Design: Building a Social Conscience, AIGA: Nick Currie, 2005
- In Search of Ethics in Graphic Design: Paul Nini, 2004
- There is such a thing as society: Andrew Howard, 2001
- What Learning Needs. The Challenge for a Creative Nation: The Design Council, 2001
- First Things First: Rick Poynor, 2000
- Idealism: An Ideal Design is Not Yet: Max Bruinsma, 1999
- Waiting For Permission: Michael Bierut, 1992
- Graphic Intervention: Steven Heller
- First Things First: Ken Garland, 1964
News & Events
- SOCIAL ISSUES IN GRAPHIC DESIGN Until Sept 19.
- 6th International Colloquium on NonProfit, Social & Arts Marketing 7 Sept
- LONDON DESIGN FESTIVAL : 15-25th Sept
- RE-DESIGN 15-23 SEPT
- GREENING OF DESIGN AND ILLUSTRATION : 20th Sept
- TENT LONDON : 20-23 Sept
- Slow Water 21 Sept - 4 Oct
- Wake Up To Sustainability 21 Sept
- The ID Design Research Conference Sept 21-22
- DESIGN IN DENIAL? : 1 Oct
- DOTT 07 FESTIVAL : 16-28 Oct
- DESIGNBOOST : 17Oct-17Nov
- INTERSECTIONS 07: Design for a new era : 25- 26 Oct
- CREATIVE CLUSTERS 2007 : 9-14 Nov
- EYE FORUM NO.3: Education and Design : 13 Nov
- ECCA: How to get your ethical/social project up and running: 15 Nov
- ECCA: Climate of Change: November 09
- ECCA: Embrace the spirit of the Avant Garde: November 09
- Illustration in the Age of Anxiety November 10. New York
- ECCA: Creative Collaboration: November 13
- The D&AD Awards 2008 Deadline: November 14.
- Social Enterprise: building companies with a conscience: November 15
- Make Time for A Green Cause: November 16-18 New York.
- How to Design and Sell Greener Products November 17. New York
- Recycled Design Workshops at The Eco-Design Xmas Fair: November 23
- DESIGN 21: "Stories from the Field" Logo Competition: Deadline: November 26
- Design Korea November 29 - December 6
- EcoDesign 2007: December 10-13. Tokyo, Japan
- The War for Talent: The Other Climate Crisis - Sir Ken Robinson. 22nd London, UK.
- The Creativity and Innovation Business with Richard Gerver. 23rd. London, UK.
- Winterhouse Award for Design Writing and Criticism Submission Deadline: June 2, 2008.
- The State of Design Criticism Today Tuesday 24 June / 6-7:15pm @ London College of Communication.
- New Views 2: Conversations and Dialogue in Graphic Design. Symposium = July 9 – 11, London College of Communication, London. Exhibition = July 9 – 21.
- Changing the Change 10-12 July. Torino, Italy
- The State of Design 2008: Victoria's Design Festival
- DESIGN RESEARCH SOCIETY Conference Sheffield, UK, 16-19 July.
- DesignInquiry ’08 July 20 — 25, Vinalhaven, Maine
- THE FEAST CONFERENCE, October 16th // 9:00 - 4:30.
- SOCIAL STUDIES: AIGA Educators Conference Maryland Institute College of Art, 17-19 OCTOBER 2008.
- Global Leadership and Change: Lessons in how to change the world. An afternoon with Sir Bob Geldof. Wednesday 22 October 2008,
- Research into Practice 2008 31 October. Royal Society of Arts, London.
- Service Design Conference. Amsterdam. 24th-26th November.