MOTIVE FILTER is a carbon capturing and air filtering device that attaches to most bicycles and cleans atmospheric air that has been polluted by carbon emissions and other toxins by vacuuming air through the module.
Through their intended forward motion with the operation of a bicycle, the rider produces thrust and drag, essentially becoming air stream vacuums as a result of forcing an object through the ambient air.
Conventional air filters and carbon capturing devices, as found in households and on a larger scale, some power plants generally are stationary and rely on motorized efforts to draw air into a the system from the immediate area only.
The current benefits of traveling by bicycle is both personal health and environmental with zero production of carbon emissions. The simple installation of the MOTIVE FILTER to the bicycle is an additional advantage to help reducing the carbon levels within the earth’s atmosphere and furthering motivation to ride.
All components of the filter are replaceable once their ideal efficiency
has expired and is simple to maintain and install.
The exterior casing of the filter is made from re-cycled plastic providing a light weight, durable product that is non-obtrusive to
the required actions of the cyclist or standard components fitted to
How it works:
1. Airflow moves into the filter and passes a screening mesh removing large airborne particles protecting the filters beyond.
2. The air continues through the HEPA Filter (High Efficiency Particulate Arresting) where dust, toxic gases and vapors are captured by sticking to the fibrous material allowing only tiny particles in the air stream to continue.
3. next the air passes through the Activated Carbon membrane where odors and chemical particulates bond within the carbons micropores storing them permanently.
Both of the above are existing technology.
4. the air finally passes through the reservoir of ZIFs (Zeolitic Imidazolate Frameworks, crystal like beads) where carbon dioxide (CO2) is scrubbed from the air flow and absorbed within the ZIF’s.
“One litre of the crystals could store about 83 litres of CO2”
5. clean air is expelled from the filter.